Have you ever gone to a baby storybook time at your library?

There's a Baby Time story half hour at my library next week. It's for kids under 18 months old, and it's said to be an interactive fun time for parents and little kids. I'm wanting to take my daughter, who's almost 13 months old. Think it would be a good idea?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:51 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I go to the one at my local library - it's for babies that aren't yet walking, so they call it Baby Lapsit. It's great! They do short movement songs and finger plays, they read a really short story, the leader blows bubbles around the room, and at the end of the 1/2 hour they pull out a huge tub of toys and anyone that wants to stay and play can do that. My son is 14 months now and we've been going weekly since he was around 6 months. (but he's walking now, so it'll soon be time to move up :( )

Answer by missanc at 10:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• We go to a "mommy & me" kindermusik inspired class. They had one for infants & added a toddler one at the request of the mothers. There is also a story-hour afterwards. It's nice to get out--to socialize with other women & to let the kids interact. We really enjoy it.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• We didn't start story hour unil my oldest was 3, but now my two girls are 6 and 4 and I take my 2 yr old along with us and stay in the room and he sits with me. He loves it and does well.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I'm going next week for the first time! I don't get out much as I'm a WAHM and I don't have many friends so I think this will be a great opportunity for my 16-month-old son and I to meet some new friends! I know he's going to love it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I started going to baby story time at our library when my daughter was about 4 months old (she's 3 now) and she LOVED it!! Even at that young age, you can see the babies following along, looking at the books, and smiling during the songs.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Sure, sounds great. I wish I could have had the time to do that with my son when he was younger (they also have something like that here). I got to take him one time last May on my day off and he had fun, but he was a bit older than the rest of the kids I think.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 12:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I take my son to the library all the time. Over Christmas, we borrow extra movies and books. Especially this last one since I knew I was not going to work (I work in a casino) because of the weather. We love going to the library.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Go go go! You are going to enjoy watching your daughter sing, dance, and play. Its great for the both of you. Its free, exciting, and not to mention, air conditioned. My local library, has sections for coloring, puzzles, child friendly computers, a Leap Frog area, play area, and even tiny restrooms with tiny toilets. Its great and the librarians are great with the children.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2010