Do you wash new clothes/bras/underwear before wearing them?

Do you wash clothes you buy brand new from the store before wearing them or do you wear them right off the rack?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• everything gets washed!

the starches and sizing from the cloth manufacturer to the clothing manufacturer and then to the store. there's a boat load of chemicals and other crap in there - a lot is to make the sewing easier.

and who knows what kind of person has been pawing over it.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:37 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yes I have ever since when I was a teenager. I once didn't and got and aweful rash. It was from someone trying on the cloths had something and I got it. I can't remember what it was but it was aweful. That was the first thing my Dr asked me. So I always do to this day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Not my clothes, but underwear, DEFINITELY! When I was young, it had never occurred to me, until watching a talk show about it - that women try on underwear without buying it first! Yuck. Ew. I always bought underwear and tried it on later. If it didn't fit well or look good - I just chalked it up to a loss.....
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Not unless I buy it from ebay or a tjmaxx type store. I understand there are chemicals, mold spores, etc on the clothes. I generally wash kid's clothes though.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 11:32 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I always wash everything before my kids or I wear it.

Answer by missanc at 11:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yes. I wash everything but socks, because socks don't get tried on, and everything else does.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• yes, i do. i will maybe wear pair of pants or a shirt if im being kinda lazy but i always alawys wash my bras and undies. socks r ok tho.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:55 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Unless im buying it out of an emergency kind of need yepp!!! I worked retail, ive seen how nasty those clothes get!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I like to wash the fomaldehyde off new clothing before putting it on my body or that of my children.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I wash everything. I sew, and I wash my fabric before I cut it. Most of this stuff has been on a boat from China. Who knows what might be on it.
    Anonymous