Has anyone adopted a Wednesday child from Another state?

I would love to adopt a child, and found this adorable little boy named Dillion whose from Ohio. The description about him is amazing and he has a younger sister that he wants to stay connected to him. I live in New York. My home life isn't in the best order right now, but I don't know. I would love to adopt him. I keep a picture of him in my wallet and in my office. Am I crazy?? I have a daughter and feel that we need another child in the home to make it feel more special. Plus I always wanted another child. I would like to find out if I could adopt Dillion's sister also, and if not travel to Ohio for him to see her on those special occassions. I'm lost and scared, but my heart has fallen in love with him.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Adoption

• Not crazy but it sounds like you're setting yourself up for heartbreak. If you aren't set up to adopt you won't be considered to parent him let alone him and his sister.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2010

• this is hard one. id say if you think you can handle it try. talk to a agency and try to adopt him. if they say no then you know you can fix whatever the problem is and hopefully try again. and who knows you might find anouther lil boy or girl that needs you just as much as this lil boy does. adopting is always hard on the heart. id love to adopt one. but im alreayd on baby number 3 currently in the oven right now. kudos on wanting to adopt tho. and good luck.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• We adopted 3 girls that were featured not only on Thursday's child but also on a special Sally Jessie show the same week. The good thing was we had our application in a week prior to this because once they were showed they had almost 500 applications for them from all over the USA. If you are interested then you need to get your homestudy done asap. Also, don't let the show be the main decission. We knew already the problems that the girls had but they mentioned none of them on either show. They tend to sugar coat a lot of things. We were prepared to deal with some severe behavior but found out after talking to the case worker that most of these others had no idea what they were getting into.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:14 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• "My home life isn't in the best order right now, but I don't know. I would love to adopt him.....I keep a picture of him in my wallet and in my office. Am I crazy?? I have a daughter and feel that we need another child in the home to make it feel more special."

If your life isn't in "the best order" right now, I question whether or not you should be adopting a child. Plus, adopting because you "need" another child in your home to "make it feel more special" does not sound like a good reason to adopt. It is not a good idea to adopt a child as a way to resolve problems or issues that you have. That is placing an unfair burden on a child. Rather than adopt right now, I think you should try to work on resolving your current issues first.

Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 8:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2010