Does anyone go to a church where hell and heaven is preached?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• thought that was at most churches.......oh well guess not
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• let me explain my question. there are some churches that only preach the goodness of the Lord but leave out what happens when you live a life of sin. No not all churches preach the realness of hell.
    Anonymous

• The church I attend preaches the goodness of the Lord but when they speak of hell is isnt like that bash it over your head and say repent or else... there is a lot of love and grace that comes forth when the word is taught and preached.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Not trying to be funny, but what else is going to happen if they don't repent? I do believe in mercy and grace. i believe we are living in the dispensatio of grace which is quickly coming to an end. What does he say when they reject his mercy and grace for salvation?
    Anonymous

• Yeah..and I agree anon I think some churches find it very difficult to preach about hell as it is written in the word of God.Lets face it its not pretty ..doesnt tickle ears..nobody enjoys thinking about hell.Some folks hear it preached and walk away from that church in search of one that will never even touch on base with it.So the church finds itself between a rock and hard place of losing members,,maybe even folks walking away from the Lord due to no fault of said church of course.Preaching on hell just isnt popular.I think it should be preached about but always including Gods grace..a way out because on the other hand there are churches out there im sure that it seems they overly focus on hell and too often leave out the grace.I guess its a fine line ya know but to not preach the reality of it all isnt good either.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Not trying to be funny, but what else is going to happen if they don't repent?

-------------------------------------------------------------

They will be cut off, gone.

Prov 2:20-22
    20 The purpose is that you may walk in the way of good people and that the paths of the righteous ones you may keep. 21 For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. 22 As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.

Psalm 37:10-11 (King James Version)
    10For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
    11But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Anonymous

• we teach both... that if you dont repent and know god and jesus that you will go to hell. we dont teach fire and brimstone, but definitely the consequences of not being a christian.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2010