Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If this sounds ok and reasonable to you guys I am going to leave it alone...

So my 6yr old dd has to go on visits every other weekend. My ex stays in a 2BR house with his mom, his cousin, and her 16 yr old son and 14 yr old dd. My dd, my ex and his mom share a bed and his cousin and her 2 kids share the other room with the mom in the bed and the kids on the floor. I already know the house is filthy with trash and beer bottles laying on the floor. But it is court ordered visits and I dont know what to do.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (15)
  • Have the courts check out the place and let them find out that it's not fit for a child.
    I would be very upset if my daughter was going to her fathers, he's in the same kind of place, though I have full custody.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • Such a tough situation, My kid would not be there.

    Some people live like that forever it is sad. I would talk to who ever you 6 yr old visits-the dad I guess. Tell him, he needs to clean it up, that your kid can not stay unless he does.

    If you know without a reasonable doubt he won't care, then just call Children Protective Services. For goodness sake if you don't take care of your child who will.

    Good luck...

    Answer by KFree907 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • take pics and documents and show it to ur worker...that is not going to be acceptable! he sleeps with his mom?? thats weird as hell! and for all of them to be in a 2 br..its prob illegal!!!

    Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • Go back to court and let them know the exact living conditions that you are sending you child to. This should not be like this and your ex should know it. At least get custody back with you solely, until conditions improve with him. She should not be sharing a room with two adults and in filthy conditions no less. If she still wants to see her dad and he's willing, tell the court that you are will to do supervised visits at your house and even let him take her to lunch, to play at the playground, etc. Don't shut him out, because that can make you look bad.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • you could call CPS and they would check it out - if they think it's okay then most likely the courts will too. If they say it's not okay, then the courts will go along with that as well and he will have to find other sleeping arrangements or have daytime visits only.

    Answer by missanc at 12:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • Dad should sleep on the couch and Grandma and DD should have the bed. Actually I don't see why they don't have a boys room and a girls room, but that would be 4 girls when your daughter is there??? I agree go to court, if he can't make appropriate arraignments let him only have her for the day and bring her home to her own bed.


    Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • i wouldnt allow my kids to go there. id deal with the courts systems, alert CPS and alert the courts. but i wouldnt let my kids go there. thats just nosence.

    Answer by sandraberke at 12:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • Gosh-it's horribly unfortunate your ex doesn't have the presence of mind to know that being packed in a pig sty, cramped sharing a room with his mother is just an effing trailor trash lifestyle. (tee hee)

    I would call a social worker (CPS) and have them take a look-see.....or at the very least convice trailor trash to not make his daughter stay the night.....she can come all day, but then come home to sleep or something....

    Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • I don't have much knowledge about custody situation, but you know the movie Mrs. Doubtfire? I know, cheesy comparison, but hey it fits. Anyway, Robin Williams character wasn't allowed to have custody until he got a suitable place for his children, which included them having their own rooms, etc.

    Maybe the judge is not aware of the living arrangements. I would report it and maybe report it to CPS so there is some kind of record on file.

    Answer by mama2conor at 12:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

  • Call CPS.

    Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.