How much time spend playing with your kids during the day?

Working moms-and SAHM

With 4 school age kids and lots of homework, sports, I am trying to get in more time and I work.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 11:59 AM on Jan. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• well i spend at least 2 hours a day where the 3 of us are sitting down coloring, writing words, doing homework etc.......but i am a believer in children playing by themselves and learning how to be creative and not dependant on me for their entertainment. i spend more time with my 20 month old bc he is still a baby but the 5 yr old spends most time at the table coloring, play doh, dolls, etc
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Not much. I don't think it's my job to "entertain" the kids. If they want attention they come to me and we do stuff, usually talk and watch TV. Sometimes I do Legos with my son or color with the girls. They do their thing during the day (when they aren't at school) and I do mine. That's how I was raised. My mom occasionally did crafts with us but mostly we did our own separate things.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2010