Ever called a number on a package...

to report the product is bad? Normally I don't bother, I just throw it away. I just bought a package of Jack Links Teriyaki flavor jerky. Love this stuff, I could eat it all day. But ugh, it was horrible! Nasty bitter taste (if its good, it kind of has a sweet tangy taste) and it smelled musty. So I called up the company, politely let them know "hey, this isn't good," and they are sending a replacement in the mail.

So have you ever done that?

mama2conor

Asked by mama2conor at 12:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i don't usually complain either. like a year or so ago i bought a freschetta pepperoni pizza. I went to make it for lunch for hubby and i and it just didn't smell right. i made it regardless because it was the first time i bought a freschetta pizza. i went to take a bite out of it and thought i was going to puke. the pepperoni was bad. it was so awful i couldn't get the taste out of my mouth for hours. i didn't call but emailed them and they sent me a coupon for a free pizza.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yes. I bought a blue cheese spread at Sam's club. It was soooo YUMMY. A week later I opened it and it was FULL of mold. :o

I called the customer service number on the package and they said they had had many complaints and that they would send me a check because they couldn't send a replacement...obviously. They were so nice and helpful I was really impressed. I actually only paid $5.50 for it and they sent a check for $7.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I usually send e-mails when I do. If I have a problem with a product, I sure do contact them. I'm probably not the only one having the problem and most people don't contact them, so I figure someone should let them know! lol! Also, you usually get compensated for your time to contact them.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 12:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I forgot I bought something from Walmart one time and it was moldy too (it was some kind of cheese spread), so I complained on their website. They called me trying to get more info, but I didn't talk to them (I hate talking on the phone cause I don't hear very well, so I asked them to reply only by email), so I just let it go.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 12:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• If its food and its bad when I bought it I returned it right away. Never had a problem getting my money back. There has been a few times that I have bought the desk that you have to put together and I was missing peices but it was easy to get the replacements and never had to pay for it.
    TLC4theworld

Answer by TLC4theworld at 12:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I called Wendy's once to tell them one of their hamburgers was disgusting and all I got was basically, "That sucks, sorry..."
    faile

Answer by faile at 3:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2010