Feeding while playing

my toddler wasn't eating so much so I noticed he'd eat while playing at the same time. But now, he hardly ever wants to sit on his high chair..but I thought, as long as he`s eating right? Or did I start creating a bad habit...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It probably is a bad thing, but I have resorted to doing the same thing with my 2 yr old daughter. I figure the same way you do, as long as she is eating its fine. Otherwise the poor child would eat MAYBE once a day. I think the dont want to sit down to eat because they realize, why sit down when the could be having fun and playing. Much like us, our toddlers seem to think that there is NEVER enough time in the day to get ALL of their important toddler stuff done lol. =]
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I did the same w/my DD. Then I started putting her on her High Chair. I gave her some crayons & paper she color & I fed her. Now slowly she has started to sit on her high chair with out playing. now and then I'll still follow her around w/her plate of food. She wont ask for food unless I ofer some to her.

Anonymous