C-Section Mamas

I'm having some period cramps (3 years out) and my scar burns bad from the outside all the way in. I've noticed it a few other times but never really connected the two. I'm wondering if that is a sign of adhesions.

MalhotraFamily

Asked by MalhotraFamily at 12:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Health

• Sounds like an infection!!! It's not normal, so go to the doc asap!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I dought it's an infection since my c-section was 3 years ago and I've been having reoccuring pain during my period for years.
    MalhotraFamily

Answer by MalhotraFamily at 12:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• *doubt
    MalhotraFamily

• what do they call it when the uterine lining grows outside the uterus. I think adhesions comes after that. I think there is a step in between. Talk to your doctor.

Anonymous

• That's what I thought it might be.
    MalhotraFamily

Answer by MalhotraFamily at 1:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Are you by chence on an IUD. I thought I had c-section tears, the doc assured me of how rare it was. But my IUD moved into my muscle & was the cause of my excrusiating pain. Get checked by the doc, in the meantime figure out if anything else could be the cause of the pain.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• could be the scar tissue from surgery or endometriosis separate from the surgery. I had that diagnosed years after my last section never having had it before. And I had three sections. Endo can be lumps in the abdomen or elsewhere moving from uterine tissue misplaced. Mine started with bad cramps suddenly three years after my last section with a fever and pains like labor, my first delivery was labor then section.

If you get a fever or pains increase w/your period see your dr. My ovary ended up being consumed by the endo and had to be removed.

hope you feel better!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Could be adhesions.
    Anonymous