Can you throw up snot?

My son has been congested and he just threw up and it looks like it snot, not like normal throw up. He doesn't have a fever. Just been coughing some.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Health

• yes you can because the nasal cavity is connected to the throat into the mouth - in a way it's like post nasal drip that alot of adults have troubles with - the cold congestion can be so bad that it flows freely throughout that 'tubing' or it becomes hardened blocking freeflow causing the body to force itself to breathe through mouth/nose and cough out/through up nasal mucus.

Poor ds - he sounds miserable. Whatever doctor's meds are if any, include sitting with him in steamy but breathable bathroom while shower is running to help loosen mucus. Don't leave him alone in there plus get saline nose drops to help loosen his nose-Ayr, NaSal, Little Noses -something like one of those.

hope he feels better you too!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Post nasal drip and stomach acid, the main source of my morning sickness. YEP. Not to worry, if he is old enough for decongestants then his problem will be solved. Hot tea or hot chocolate, a steam vaporizer. All good ideas. Hope something works for you soon.
    Anonymous

• I guess it could be possible I would think more of it as "Loogies" I could be wrong. Hope he feels better just make sure he blows his nose often and if he does get those loogies in his mouth to make sure he spits it out in the trash or toilet. Let him know this so he will understand that the sooner this guke is out of his little body he will get better. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yes it is. He may be swallowing the mucus or "snot" and in turn it is coming up in his vomit.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2010