Another PA type of question.

Now, let me first say that I don't have a problem with PA and I understand that sh*t happens and I think it's wonderful for keeping people in their homes and food in their stomachs when awful and unfortunate things happen.

My problem is this: My friend calls me and says that she is moving and that her new place is $150 more than what she pays now. I asked her if they could afford this and stated that $150 is 2 weeks worth of groceries. She said, "Oh, I don't worry about food, we get food stamps." I said, "Well, do you plan on getting them forever?" She said no, but come on. I guess I'm just annoyed by the way she feels entitled to never have to worry about buying food, why when she can get it for free? She is considering it a permanent part of income and this is what annoyed me. Her and I barely ever see each other and part of it is because the way she lives.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like she is taking advantage of it to me. We get food stamps, but I also work (part time is all I could find) so it helps cover the gap on what I couldn't afford. But at the same time, we go without a LOT of things just so we can pay for food and necessities that others take advantage of.
    Anonymous

• whatever, get over it.
    Anonymous

• whatever, get over it.

I suppose these words came from another recipient. Go spend your foodstamps.
    Anonymous

• Sound like she is taking advantage of the system.
    Anonymous

• thanks, I will. I do want to say I appreciate all your effort in feeding my family.
    Anonymous

• I have a friend like that. If not for her kids, I probably wouldn't see her. But I don't htink they should suffer becuase of her stupidity. So I help them with clothes and food on occassion. I wish there was a way to do that without benefiting the parents too.
    Anonymous

• Why do you let that bother you so much that you would pretty much lose a friendship over it? People are different...they live different...they think different. What is so hard to understand about that? You know..I have all different kinds of friends with different life styles and different backrounds and different ways of thinking. I wouldn't look down on any one of them and I wouldn't expect them to look down on me.
    Is she paying more rent to get a better house? Is she paying more rent to get her children into a better school distrrict? I mean come on..everyone has their reasons for doing things that they do..everything isn't just black and white.
    Really..just let it go.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Kimberly--did I say that was the ONLY reason that I don't see her much? No, I didn't. She does other things that I just can't stand and acts as if the world owes her. Her low life boyfriend lays around the house all day instead of working, while she receives welfare. I agreed to watch her kid for her one night in the summer and they both got so drunk that they couldn't pick him up. She brought him over (10 weeks old) dirty and stinky with a pack n play I had to put outside because it smelled like 10 men pissed on it after not drinking water for days! It was disgusting. They shut off their cell phone and said "it died." Wouldn't you charge your phone when you know someone is going to be watching your NEWBORN?? She said they drank a whole 30 pack. Funny how she had money for that, but not for food. Her lifestyle disgusts me and I really only talk to her when she calls on the phone.
    Anonymous

• If you cant stand her, why are you friends with her at all? She annoys you that much, just quit talking to her.
    Anonymous

• Shit, I wish I could feel that way. Im on FS & still cant afford my bills after moving into a place that is $200 less than the old place. Sometimes I feel like selling the food stamps to cover my hight electric bill and diapers. But this is unethical to me. I guess your friends morals are outta wack.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2010