My little girl is such a princess...

:) 11 months old and she already is so girly girl,lol. She loves purses,she loves putting on hats,loves purses..and oh my you should have seen how excited she got the other day when she saw a princess crown at Walmart,lol. Isn't it just so amazing how it seems like genders do certain boyish or girly things from such a young age? Like my son...when he was little it was all dirt and cars and roughness...with a some sugar in between,lol. Do you see this in your kiddos too?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 12:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD is the same way! She is 10 months and loves baby dolls! She just goes right to them, bypassing all her other toys and stuffed animals. But I think the previous comment was right about the culture. She is always with me when I do hair and make-up (she even has her own brushes now!), and we go shopping with my step-mom and sister all the time. I guess monkey-see monkey-do!

Paint her toenails!! I put my DD in her Bumbo and painted her toenails with the Maybelliene 50 sec drying polish. She could not take her eyes off of them!! And because I let her go barefeet all the time, the polish will rub off in a day or so, so there's not worry about chips ending up in her mouth.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 12:41 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• Well I gues we are werid here. My girls love cars. They get excited when we hit the car section at Toys r us. My youngest is into Dino's right know. Yes they like to dress up and all that but preferre the cars.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is a big priss too. she is 2 1/2. Have you painted your daughters nails yet? OMG.. she will LOVE it. Now after every single bath i have to paint her fingers and toes. It is hilarious.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 12:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yeah, but it has nothing to do with the kids; it's their culture. We don't realize how much we reinforce the gender differentiation from the beginning... offering kids more of the "girly" things to the girls, getting all gushy when little girls hold a doll, etc. There have even been studies showing that we talk to infants, newborns, using different voices depending on which gender they are.
    Anonymous

• No, havent painted her nails yet...still puts her fingers in her mouth too much..but I will! lol.

With my son, I always gave him a baby doll and I would show him how to feed it and rock it and love on it, and he liked doing that..he has always been more drawn to "boyish" things.

With my baby girl..she plays with cars...I babysit and she's the only girl I have over here! lol...so there are a ton of boy things. She just automatically wants the girlish type stuff.

I don't know..I just find it amazing how they have such strong personalities being so little,lol.

Adorable! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:47 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I didn't see it - my boys loved hats and "dressing up" too. And my daughter would play with her brothers toys all the time - she was surrounded by cars, she had no choice!

Answer by missanc at 3:26 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I've got three girls. oh yeah...the princess emerges early - earlier for the third though she does have some stiff competition.

but none were opposed to playing with trucks and cars and getting down and dirty.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2010