Christians, every time you hear of these amazing stories from Haiti about another survior being found do you thank God?

What about the many deaths we have heard about? Do you ask God to walk with their family or have mercy on their souls?

tragedy filled with good stories is very hard to sort out in my head.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Either he controls all or nothing, which is it?

He controls all good and that is that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• This is also a source of confusion for me with those who are very religious and thank God for the good, but do not blame him for the bad, I can't reconcile that. Either he controls all or nothing, which is it?
    Anonymous

• Please keep on topic.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I pray for them everyday, that the survivors find peace and that they will be able to endure. God isnt evil, satan is, he's the cause of all the destruction. The bible tells us in Psalm 37:10, 11 says: “Just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more. . . . But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
    I know that the people that are suffering and the ones that have lost their life, will have a chance of living again in peaceful conditions.
    Anonymous

• I thought I was on topic, I guess I didn't understand the question.
    Anonymous

• no, I mainly cry. You know the book of Psalms is filled with questions such as this, asking God why, even anger at not understanding, and the questions are not answered because they cannot be answered. When my 16 year old was diagnosed with Aids, my priest, with tears in his eyes said, "I don't get it either. I'm mad at HIM too.".....It's okay....My faith doesn't give me answers, it only gives me comfort, and even then, it isn't always so.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, no I don't thank God or ask for mercy for anyone. If he had any control over it all he would not let these things happen to these people in the first place. It was a terrible natural disaster - a truly a tragic event. I feel badly for these people and hope they are comforted and cared for. But, I don't think any God had anything to do with this one way or another. Nor do I think any God will swoop down and help them either.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• The bad happens as a result of sin, God didn't go out of his way and point his finger of damnation at Haiti or any other place. There is sin in the world, it's rampant I mean our children feel bad and stupid if they believe in God because of how society is nowadays. I praise God for the good and understand that bad happens. Like when our kids are about to do something we told them not to do a thousand times. We just have to let them learn lessons and reap the results of their deeds. This is that in a nutshell. We sin, so we reap the benefits of that.. When God comes back these horrable things won't happen anymore :) The good Lord giveth and the good Lord taketh away AMEN!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:33 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• The first Anon WAS on topic, and I see she was attacked and her question shoved to the side... can't you answer her?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I started a whole new question for her ihartu.

and thanks to those Christians that answered and those non Christians who were polite enough just to skip over the question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jan. 23, 2010