Prosobee Vs. Nutramigen?

My son is almost 3 months old. He started on regular Enfamil w/ Iron, it made him SCREAM. We switched to Prosobee and he has improved (not screaming in pain with his face beat red anymore) but continues to be a REALLY fussy baby. It's as if nothing I do can make him happy. He barely ever smiles. I've tried the normal things any parent tries: slings, swaddling, swings, etc. but nothing makes him happy. I called Enfamil and they are sending me a sample of Nutramigen. Have any of you other moms out there had small improvement with Prosobee and switched them to Nutramigen? Did it fix the fussiness like I've read it will?

wahm_abbeyrose

Asked by wahm_abbeyrose at 1:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was the same way. We had him on Enfamil didn't agree w/ him, put him on soy, same thing. Fussy. My Dr. gave us samples of the Nutramigen, OMG that was awesome. Worked great w/ him immediately I saw a different baby. Also what type of bottle are you using? We had to switch that too. We used the Avent w/ him and are now using them w/ our daughter. They are pricey but work the best. Good Luck!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I am using the Playtex vent bottles, and thank you for your answer, gave me hope that this just might work. I can't wait for my sample to get here! :)
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 1:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Nutramigen was referred to as LIQUID GOLD in my house with my first daughter. It worked wonders for her. Her main problem was she had major pooping issues. And t he nutramingen made it to where she could poop...she was much happier. With my second she just had to be switched to soy and that seemed to work for her. Nutramigen is a great thing, but make sure she really really really needs it becuase it is soooooo expensive. I had WIC with my first, but was still paying 100-150 a month for what she needed and they covered 400 plus dollars.
    kngarber

Answer by kngarber at 4:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Have you considered relactation or donor milk? If you would like information about either please let us know.  There are plenty here that are able to help your child get the food she needs.

Anonymous