Are you ready to make that change? (body wise)

I am so tired of eating the wrong things and doing the same old same old...What and How would you even think of begining your new life...I mean I know everything begans slowly but where would you began???

I know about eating veggies&fruit and drinking lots of water and exercising but where do I began?

Something simple and easy bc I am a mom too and that is work in it's self...

Thank you ladies for listening and giving me your thoughts as well :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I think starting with a fast is the best way. You are hungry during it but once it's over you will feel full faster and it won't be an every day struggle with food. I would also make a commitment to join some kind of class or charity walk so you have no choice but to get in shape :)
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 1:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• started on January 5, I had spent the summer researching different diets talking to real people who had tried them and asked about their results, ease of making meals, and if they had lasting results.

I started with the Abs Diet, I didn't follow the workout and I only used the foods as a starting point, it is very simple and my whole family loves the food. We eat lots of veggies and fruits, whole wheat bread, pasta, muffins and brown rice, lean meats i switched to turkey bacon the kids love it, we still have dairy and eggs.

I also started doing Zumba, water aerobics and running on a treadmill at our gym because I have found that zumba is loads of fun, water aerobics is girl time for a friend and I and the treadmill is great for stress relief.

I started at 213 and when I was weighed on Tuesday I was 205. Small steps and finding something that works for you is the key. Do research and try things out first, cont'd
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• It shouldn't feel like a diet, you should enjoy the meals you make and eat and you shouldn't feel like something is off limits, I allow myself a cheat day or meal each week.

After two weeks I found that even though i wanted the food that wasn't healthy it felt too heavy when i ate it, that is what you want to aim for, you want to get your body used to eating well so that the bad things just don't sound good anymore. Remember it takes 3 weeks to form a habit so keep with it.

Definitely look into the abs diet for women you don't have to follow it to a T but it is a great starting point for learning how to eat healthy and I never EVER feel like i am missing out and i don't feel hungry I love the foods I eat :)

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I started slow over a year ago with walking drinking more water and over time I started to modify what I ate...I cut out fast food and junk..each month I added something healthy to my diet.Also I worked on from walking to jogging to running.Its the best choice I have made.I have lost almost 150 pounds this way.I recommend starting slow and finding a fitness activity that you enjoy doing.Running for me is a great stress reliever!
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 8:27 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• YES I AM READY! I need to lose 50 pounds:( BUT I have started making slow changes and adding stuff weekly to that list.

WHat I have done is drink mostly just water. I am a sugar addict so I have cut most sugars and try to get them in fruit and other natural sources. I still have occasional sugar but only 2 cookies in almost 2 weeks so thats GOOD for me! baby steps....seems daunting at times but must be done! GOOD LUCK!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 24, 2010

• I am ready too and I'm well on my way to success. I am looking at this as a lifestyle change mostly for myself but my family also and last week went really well. I had bad headaches but got through them with tylenol, they were too bad and I had to function. Cut out all junk and salt, you can't drink too much water and be smart and concious and aware about what you are putting into your mouth. It's only been a week, but I honestly feel lighter, brighter and better as corny as that sounds. And I have well over 100 pounds too lose, but I am determined to get fit and healthy, you can do this! Make all choices smart and I wouldn't recommend any cheating at all, not even one day a week, you want overall health.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:08 PM on Jan. 24, 2010