R stay at home mom lazy?

Im a stay at home mom. When I was talkin 2 my hubby I told him I was tired and sleepy he said y I don't do shit. Mind u im suppose 2 b on bed rest and on top of that I have 3yr old at home that is a very hype kid

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 1:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• lazy hon i cook i clean go to the store take care of my daughter do laundry run pay this pay that get this get that as stay at home mom no im not LAZY there is always something to be done or do and also playing your child
    Anonymous

• NO they are NOT. Your husband I am sorry is one of the MANY that I would love to just backhand.
    My husband knows what I do day in and day out. All night all day even he said he couldnt do it, that is too much.
    People that say they are lazy either know the WRONG kind of moms or are just cranky
    Anonymous

• strap a backpak to hubby's abdomen with it's straps plus bungee cords to help it stay in place. And fill it with 6 textbooks plus 6 large notebooks and have him walk around and do chores and discipline, play and medicate a 3yo. He'll change his mind fast,

Nurture Yourself, let three year old play near you - tell husband wake up or move out.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I don't think it's possible to make a sweeping generalization about SAHMs. I know some that cannot keep house and ignore their children. I know others that make me exhausted just hearing about their days. SAHMs can choose to be housebound or go out into the world and do as they please. My husband has had his moments where he thought that working outside the house is somehow superior to what I do, but he understands that minding our four children, plus any I babysit, plus cooking, cleaning, etc is a full time job.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 1:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• One time my husband made the remark that I should get more done, never called me lazy, but it still made me mad to say the least. To teach him a lesson, I gave him a list of what I do every day, and left the baby with him. I told him to get it all done while taking care of the baby. Needless to say after a few hours of trying, he quickly apologized.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 1:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• OMG! what a jerk he sounds like my dh I remember one day about a month after having our dd I felt so emotional and I would cry for no reason I would try to talk to him and tell him what I was feeling and all he would say to suck it up it is all in your head :( that made me feel even sadder bc he wouldn't even feel for me in that way...Anyway I tried to suck it up but continued to feel this way to make a long story short I ended up having to take Zoloft now I feel alot better...But I understand totally what you are talking about. I guess they feel since they are out there bringing home the bacon that the house should be spotless...hahaha I would love to trade places with them any time yes they work 12 hours or alittle more but we as mom's we never get to c"clock out" it's 24/7 all the way...So just do what you can for yourself and your family and that is all we can do. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yes, some are, but not all. Your hubby's just being a jerk!!!
    Anonymous

• compared to my husband and his job....yeah I have it really easy. he's in new home construction so goes from 7AM - 8PM 6 days a week.

but now I am building the office for our new business - and holy crap! I'm busier than ever! lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:21 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Great husband you got there.
    Anonymous

• this is what u do for that......wait til his next day off and u leave early that morning before he and the baby wakes....and u stay gone ALLLLLLLL day...so he can see what its like to care for a child all day and get shit done....it is exhausting even when u dont do shit all day lmao! running behind a kid is a full time job in itself (ppl get paid good money to do it in daycares lol) not to mention the cooking and cleaning. now if u r one that sleeps late while the baby cries and feeds it chef boyargee all day then i can see his point!!! other than that he is being an ass and i told mine that when he tried it....he stayed home once and has yet to say anything to me again....not even if the house is dirty when he gets here!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2010