• In the Spotlight:

Is a joke worth getting this worked up over?

'A grand wizard like you Scott Baio should be put down and someone will put you down. You, your wife and kid'

..thats what a twitterer wrote amoung other angry twitter comments.

Was the joke really that big of a deal?

and come that IS a horrid pic of Michelle Obama..

link below

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 1:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm sure if someone posted a pic like that of Hillary (and there are TONS of them) along with that comment about Bill, they would not be getting death threats over it and called a racist. So I guess that answers where the real racists are...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• So childish. Just goes to show how many children get on line these days. * sarcasm*

Anonymous

• I swear, you can't make a single joke about this president without being called a racist. Presidents and their wives have been made fun of for decades. Get over it people.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• That is one U G L Y picture of Michele. People should admit that much.

So much for Scotts freedom of speech.....
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 2:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Scott was being tacky and rude to even post that picture with the comments,etc. And whoever Twittered was wrong. Both were wrong. WHy are people so rude nowdays?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• You are always the first to line up for the fainting couch. I'm sure you say much worse than Scott Baio ever would.
    Anonymous

• 2:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 by: Anonymous
    You are always the first to line up for the fainting couch. I'm sure you say much worse than Scott Baio ever would.
    ***************************
    Who are you speaking to and what is a "fainting couch" ? LOL.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Posting the picture was rude and childish, but DEATH THREATS over it is just stupid. The more attention these idiots call to it, the more people will rush to see it and find out what all the commotion is about. NO it's not racist, not everything unflattering about the Obama's is racist. People have been making comments about presidents and their families forever, it's just Obama's turn. I don't see nearly as much unflattering publicity about him as I did "W"--not that there's as much opportunity.... (Bush was just so easy it was almost pitiful)
    Anonymous

• I guarantee that if he had posted an unflattering picture of Palin with some kind of comment like that, no one would be upset and people would be laughing. Why is there such a double standard. It was a JOKE. It was not rude or childish.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 3:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2010