why does it have to be all or nothing?

Why does God have to be responsible for all the bad if he is responsible for all the good?

Why does he have to get all the blame if he gets all the credit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Devil was cast down to earth but that did not change the circumstances that Adam and Eve had created for thier future children and generations to come. God did not execute them Satan, Adam, and Eve) either because that would have been cruel. Killing all of them would not have remedied the situation. What will remedy our situation is our gift of free will from God. We have the right to chose to follow God with our free will and then Armageddon will come. When Armageddon comes that will be the "all" instead of the nothing. Armageddon is the answer to Gods sovernty.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• because satan is a liar and a deceiver, not to mention the enemy of God. So why wouldn't tell people lies so they won't turn to him. Hey, he has been doing it since the garden.
    Anonymous

• Because either He is GOD,and in control of all things, or He is NOT. I really struggled with this when my child had cancer, but I came to the conclusion that GOD is GOD!!!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• All the bad is produced my yourself & others in the world. It is human nature to sin. HE should not be to blame. He is there for guidance and structure, not miracles (even thought they happen.)
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Because either He is GOD,and in control of all things, or He is NOT.

or he is God and in control of good and not evil. I can get the or not: he is not in control of evil. Evil is of the devil
    Anonymous

• and, christyq I am sorry to hear about your child and will keep you all in my prayers.
    Anonymous

• God made us in this world knowing that we would sin. He mad lucifer knowing lucifer would turn agaisnt him. So, I must ask, why did God make us in the first place? Why did he make things he knew would turn away, would be born with an impossible set of rules to follow, and even took revenge on the people he made by flooding them out? God is jealous and vengeful, but loving and benevolent? It makes you wonder who actually set this place up for us to live doesn't it? We are created with an impossible set of rules to follow and then blamed for our very nature. If God wanted the world to perfect, then he wouldn't have ever allowed Satan in the garden in the first place. I'm sorry, but the story in the bible doesn't make sense to me at all! The only conclusion I can come up with is that someone or something put us here and it was never intended to be perfect in the first place.
    Anonymous

• "God made us in this world knowing that we would sin. "
    I think he made us with the choice to sin and Lucifer made the choice to sin. Why did he make us? Because he wanted to? I am not sure you answered the question anon.

Anonymous

• Because if he's not, he is not all-powerful.
    Anonymous

is that why it has to be all or nothing?
    Anonymous