Taking my pups on vacation to Florida with me...

We're finally getting to take our dogs on vacation with us. I feel a little nervous about the ride because it's going to be at least 6 hours to get to Florida from where I live. Anyways, how can I find a private beach that they can go on or how do I go about finding out if they have doggie boarding for during the day. Does anyone have a place in Florida that they take their pets? Any help would be apperciated. Thanks so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pets

• Automobile Association of America has books on pet care and parks, vets, emergency care all in one book while on travel in the U.S.

I think you can just walk in and buy it even as a nonmember, definitely at a little lower cost as a member. Oh and AAA is really handy to have while on a road trip.

Enjoy, where are you going? We might go to Miami at the end of the spring. LaQuinta Hotels don't charge for their pet staying guests and Marriott Townplace Suites and Marriott Residence Inns charge between 50 dollars per stay length up to 275 dollars per stay length.

We once went camping with six family members (human) plus three dogs and a cat - had a blast!!!!!! Be sure to have their tags and shots up to date and current cell phones on their tags in case of run away. An animal lost on a trip and no one home to receive a call of being found could be upsetting.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• We take our dogs with us pretty much every where. When you go on long rides make sure you stop every few hours so that the dogs can stretch their legs and go to the bathroom. Make sure you brin baggie because the rest stops ask that you pick up after the dogs. When i pack the dogs bag i leave a bowl out witin reach to give them water. Make sure you also bring a copy of their vaccine records and rabies certificate. I found this site that lists the dog friendly beaches in Florida  http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/travel/guides/beach/beachstateFL.shtml

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2010