Would you make your daughter have an abortion?

Watching Private Practice last night, I started thinking.. If my 14 or 15 year old daughter got pregnant, I couldn't make that decision for her. Although, I personally think that laying down in an adult situation, she should take responsibilities and raise that child.. I couldn't tell her either way. If your daughter got pregnant at a young age.. and not out of rape, or incest.. Out of, she just had sex.. Would you demand her have an abortion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No I would not make her have an abortion, I would leave the decision up to her and not try to pursuade her either way.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• No. Not just because I could never have an abortion, but also because that could turn around and bite you in the ass. There is a good chance that you would scar your child, and they may end up hating you for it.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Well, I wouldn't MAKE anyone do anything. I would strongly encourage abortion and I would make it very clear that I would not be financially supporting a child she chose to keep. My sister got pregnant at 14 and kept the child. She has led a very trying life and I would use that as an example. Luckily I am raising my children with an open mind towards abortion and a clear understanding of the consequences of sex. I hope my child would never feel obligated to raise a child as a punishment for their actions or out of some misguided religious belief.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 2:08 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• "raise a child as a punishment for their actions "--

seriously?? its not punishment, its called 'consequences'.
    Anonymous

• No. But for years I have heard women say that if a woman can have unprotected sex and get pregnant, she can raise that baby (like a punishment or consequence?) and to this day it makes my skin crawl. Babies are not either of those things and I cannot imagine putting it across like that to a pregnant woman who does not want the baby. It's a recipe for abuse.
    Anonymous

• NO. i'm totally against abortion. I would probly give her the choice of keeping the baby, of course i would help her since she would still be in school, but i would mainly have her do the "mom" work., or she can give the baby up for adoption. (now it's easy to say that now but i know being a grandma at the time i'd probly die if she decided the adoption choice)
    Anonymous

• NO I would not DEMAND that she do anything. It was her choice to make that baby, and it should be her choice what to do about it. I think by law once a girl gets pregnant, the courts won't let a parent force anything on them. (Not sure) I would be sure to lay out all the possibilities and find out what she intends to do, though. Then it is my duty as HER mother to help her, but she is the mother of the baby she is expecting.
    Anonymous

• No i would not.
    I had an abortion at the age of 14 after statutory rape and although i would never say i regret my choice and i still would not change a thing, i also will never have another abortion, even if i am violently raped.

If she chose to have an abortion i would be by her side to help her in any way she needed. If she chose to keep and raise the baby i would do my best to be the best grandma i can be.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• No, as I don't believe in abortion. However, prevention is the key. While I hope that I raise my daughter to be a responsible young woman with respect for her body, you never know what may happen. If I suspect that she is having sex, I would talk to her about the consequences of such an act and possibly put her on birth control.
    Anonymous

• Since I don't think abortion is ok, No I would absolutely not. I would encourage adoption -- if she wanted to raise the baby, I would work with her.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2010