• In the Spotlight:

I feel like a horrible woman.

I have an angel baby.. (rip) and a stepson who is 8 years old. Although, we make plenty of money and we both have stable jobs.. the thought of getting pregnant and having a child just scares me. I was on fertility meds when I lost my angelbaby, and although I had wanted to be a mom.. I don't think I do anymore. My stepson is a mean child and there is no way I'd leave him alone with a baby for any amount of time. I love just spending time with my husband alone during the week. I like being able to go home from work and rest and do whatever I want to do. My husband feels the same way but he does eventually want a baby. I have fertility issues so to get pregnant, I would have to go through so much and honestly, I don't think I want to do that. But I feel horrible, like I'm not a good woman. Does anyone else feel like that? Why did I used to dream about being a mom every night to now, I don't even want to!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Having a loss can change your opinion on fertility forever. I went through a lot of emotions, from wanting to never have more kids to wanting to get pregnant immediately. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that fertility issues coupled with loss has changed your mind on having children- but there is another option. There are countless children looking for homes. Perhaps you were meant to be a parent in another way.
    IamPatSajak

Answer by IamPatSajak at 2:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• There is NOTHING wrong with that~! You feel what you feel so honor your feelings hun...lots of women live very fulfilling lives with no children...it leaves you free to pursue things you otherwise couldn't...art, travel...and time alone with your man with no one demanding your attention is a nice thing...you two can go out to dinner whenever you want without having to even think about it, and you can travel...have sex in the kitchen...lol.. or for that matter anywhere..anytime~! You can also volunteer...give your love to needy women, children...because you don't have your own needing your attention...stop fretting silly wabbit~~!
    Anonymous

• There is nothing wrong with being honest with yourself.
    Anonymous

• your not a bad person. i promise there are worse out there
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 2:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• You are not a bad person, or a bad mom.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• You are an honest woman who knows what she does and doesn't want. That's commendable and not horrible.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2010