Anyone else had this done?

Anyone had the lining of their uterus taken out? They want to take mine out due to uncontrolable pain and bleeding during my period. How long were you down for, any other side effects? Anything other than i cant have anymore kids which i dont mind, my husband and I dont want anymore anyway, that i should know?

GothicMama

Asked by GothicMama at 2:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Health

• Not heard of that.. I had the novasure procedure, which is an ablation. I haven't had a period since September and it's been wonderful! I still have the ovulation, slight cramps, but no actual period.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• My mom also had an ablation, as the poster above me mentioned. Is that what you're referring to? if so, my mom has had no problems, and loves it! She had it done due to being anemic, and losing the extra blood with her period was making her iron counts really, really low.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 22, 2010