do u ovulate 20 days after ur period?

i have cramps when i ovulate (thats how i no) n its usually 20 after my period. we're ttc n we've been having sex from 12-17 days after my period n no luck. could it b possible to ovulate later?

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• IF, and that is a big IF, you have an average 28 day cycle then you ovulate on day 12-14 of that cycle with day 1 being the first day you see blood. Now I personally have on average a 34 day cycle and ovulate about day 20. The simplest way to guesstimate ovulation is take your average cycle length (say 32) and subtract 14 and this is the day you will likely ovulate (example would be day 18). For a more accurate way to figure it out then read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and start charting temps and mucous and cervical position.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• It is possible. Some women ovulate more than once. It is an individual thing though. Get a book on Natural family planning and they are very detailed.
    Anonymous

• usually its that you count the first day of your period to 10 days. and the 10 day should be around ovulation
    Anonymous

• actually it's 12-14 days from the first day of your period, depending on your cycle. some women ovulate earlier, some later. chart your cycles using one of the charting things you can find online to make it easier and pay attention to your body... the cramping , the cm that you get during that time. It could be possible that you are "O" later or that you just haven't gotten pregnant yet during that "perfect time." KWIM. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• If you are trying to concieve maybe try to use the ovulation prediction test sticks to make sure that you are infact ovulated. There are some months that women can have a period but never ovulated. A women with a typical 28 day cycle will ovulate on day 14, day 1 being the day that her period started. GL concieving
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 2:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• It's possible. I never ovulate that late though, I always ovulate on day 10 of my 29 day cycle.
    Pandapanda

Answer by Pandapanda at 4:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yes, everyone is different, and while it's "typical" to ovulate around day 14 it is possible that you ovulate later. Have sex every other day all month long and see if that helps.
    Anonymous

• Every woman is different. I've never had a *regular* cycle in my life (as in coming at a predictable interval). Since I've started charting, the latest in my cycle that I have ovulated was day 28 with the earliest being day 14. Pick up a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. Once you learn how to chart your temps and check your cervical fluid and position, you'll be able to pinpoint the day you ovulated and know what day your period is going to start. AF always comes 13 DPO for me. AND you'll never have to use a HPT again; 18 DPO and you know you're pregnant.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 12:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2010