carrying twins - how soon do you start showing?

i'm only about 8 weeks but i'm already showing and it's getting hard for me to hide my pregnancy at work. i didn't gain this much and showed much later with my previous singleton pregnancy. is this normal, or am i just over doing it w/ the food? :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Even though I had terrible morning sickness with my twins and was losing weight, my pants started getting tight around 8 weeks. I bought my first maternity pants at 10 weeks, and by 12 weeks it was pretty obvious. By 14 weeks I had strangers asking me if it was a boy or a girl.

You do need to gain a little more weight with twins than you did with a singleton, and since they can also come early you have to get it done a little sooner. Your doctor will let you know if you are gaining too much too fast.

Congrats & GL!
    Anonymous

• I didn't start really showing with my twins until I hit around 12 weeks. I had a lot of weight shift from body weight to baby weight so I didn't gain much and carried REALLY high (my DD had her feet lodged in my ribs and my DS was getting kicked in the noggin by her a lot of the time lol).

You are in for an adventure! Good luck!!!!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2010