How annoying is this?

We went out to eat the other day with my sister as my mom gave us both $50 gift certificates to Olive Garden for Christmas. So, we order and all eat. She ordered my niece (2 years old) her own spaghetti, which I think is stupid considering my sister ordered chicken parm which comes with spaghetti. Then she got my nephew an adult sized pizza, which of course, he took one bite and didn't like it. They ALL got their own sodas. Dh and I are smart. He orders water and I order soda and we share. We order something that our daughter will also like and share with her as the portions on the children's menu is enough for an adult. Anyway, the bill comes and she gets all huffy. OMG $2.50 for each soda???? Well, hmm, read first before ordering. Her bill was $53.50, she says "Well, I only have $55" UUGGHHH. So then, she makes an excuse as to why she has to quickly leave and they jet. Our bill was $39 and we gave her the CONT>

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Very annoying!!!

Answer by older at 2:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• the whole $50, so an $11 dollar tip. Oh, let me add that my niece didn't even TOUCH her spaghetti and that my sister ordered extra marinara sauce for $3 even though, she, her husband and daughter ALL had pasta with marinara sauce.

So, they leave like the building is on fire and I bet the server thought we were covering the whole tip!!!!!!! We were so pissed! I'm sorry, but we weren't paying their tip. She should have calculated how much they could spend. She didn't even have enough for a damn tip?? $50 FOR FREE and she couldn't even tip. I bet she still had cigarette money. She completely stiffed the server in Sept at Hoss's, but used bad service as an excuse. Our waitress was fine, so she couldn't use that excuse this time. We will never go out to eat with them again, that's for sure.

I told my husband that my sister is the only person I know that can't afford a free meal!
    Anonymous

• OH--I didn't mean she had $55, that was including the gift certificate, so she only had $5.
    Anonymous

• next time you go out you should ask for separate checks so, she knows what she ordered and you won't have to deal with it. It's a rude deal, but fair. It your nephew didn't like the food you should have sent it back and gotten something else or nothing. Saves her some money. But, when you go out again, don't tell her tell the server you want separate checks so she won't piss you off. :+)
    I had friends like your sister and we do it and it saves us the hassle of figuring out the menu and what owes what.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 2:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• very!
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 2:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yes that would bother me. She should think before ordering. $2.50 per soda adds up quickly.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 2:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• We did have seperate checks, but still the server probably thought we were leaving the tip. We tipped over 20% on OUR bill, but I'll be damned if we leave their tip too.
    Anonymous

• Well it's a bummer that she did that, that's pretty junky for sure. You shouldn't have to tip for her, and you didn't, so no worries. And if she wants to waste free money like that, then that's her deal. Could she have been smarter with her money, of course, but...You live and learn. I wouldn't even worry about it, and just know that you won't go out to eat with them again. In the end, it's really not that big of a deal, even though it is upsetting. Sorry it happened, but lesson learned, and you just don't do it again :)
    Anonymous

• Well she' not the sharpest knife in the drawer obviously.. but sh*t happens, get over it~~! "My husband and I are smart'...gag...her son ate one bite of pizza, which of course he didn't like.. huh?...I'm sorry but you sound really judgemental and self righteous, you might wanna check yourself on that, get over youself hun, not everyone is as smart as you, thems just the facts Maam~!
    Anonymous