Anyone With a Child Who Had a Transient Tic Condition

If your child had any kind of tic condition in the early grammar school years - i was wondering does it always turn into TS (did it in your case)....or did it go away as they got older.??? My youngest daughter 6 has had two tic episodes - eye blinking - they lasted for 7-8 weeks each and were seperated by a full three months. now she is rolling her neck to one side constantly for the past two days. I don't know if its a tic or not, a progression like i've read about TS or something else. Out ped dr. doesnt' think its anything to look into further as there is really nothing you can do aobut tics if you don't want to medicate....just looking for some insight.

JustGail

Asked by JustGail at 2:43 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes my son has had these. I have read that they go along with OCD. Last year in 1st grade my son who was 6 at the time started having them. They did go away. He hasn't had any lately. At one point he constantly bent his head back. It got to the point that his teacher and speech therapist would lose count when trying to see how often he was doing it since he did it so much. He has had other milder episodes like with throat clearing when he was younger but last year was a very stressful year for him and everything intensified. Has your Daughter had another Pandas episode recently? If you want to talk more about it pm me. I know there is more I can tell you I just can"t think of it right now. Have you google OCD and Tics to see what there is. I know I do this with everything to see what sort of connection I can find. I will message you later when I can think better.

TTYL: Melissa
    cutie222

Answer by cutie222 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2010