Early birth possiblity??

I am 33 weeks preg. at my most recent visit my midwife said that the baby is "exceptioanlly low". Is there any chance that she may come early- or is this constant heartburn and lack of sleep causing me to get my hopes up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my second was extremey low at that time and at 37 weeks... i was 4.5 cm and 90% effaced... and i didnt have him until i was induced at 41 weeks. my first was low also. but at 38 week check-up i was only 1 cm... and my water ended up breaking the next day and i had her that night. so you just never know! good luck.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• No the can be that way for some time before you deliver. Constand heart burn and lack o sleep hits alot in the thrid trimester. Heck some are like that throughout the whole pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• i don't know why you would be hoping for an early baby, then you will be spending your time in the NICU. it's normal to carry high, it's normal to carry low. some are really low at 30-some weeks, some are really high at 40 weeks. that's my opinion. :) gl!
    Anonymous

• you definately shouldn't be "getting your hopes up" for an early delivery. babies need LOTS of time to bake. :)

and being "low" has no indication of when you'll have your baby. neither does dilation or effacement. I carried my son low my entire pregnancy. and I was 1cm at 37wks & 50% effaced. at 38 & 39wks I was 2cm dilated and 75-85% effaced.

I didn't have my son until I was 40wks & 2 days.

there's just no telling when your baby will be here. just relax and ENJOY that baby being in your belly.
    Anonymous