Sticky poopy sign of constipation...? can I give water?

My 3 week old baby has real sticky poo. He went from pooping several times a day to once... My Mom thinks he may be getting constipated and wants me to give him a bit of water... Is this okay? Is his poo normal or is it constipation? It's also green.. probably because of the iron in the formula... Help please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would not worry unless the poop were dry, hard or pellet like. Sticky isn't a sign of constipation.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• My dd's were bf'd, but they went through changes with their poop too. I think as they grow, they just digest things differently. Unless he's not pooping at all, or acts like he's in pain, don't worry about it.
    Anonymous

• The pp's are right. But to answer the other part of your question yes a little water is fine.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2010