After reading some questions about PA on here I have one of my own.

So I get medicaid for my child because mine and DH's employer has cruddy insurance for outrageous prices for dependents. So I want to know is that so wrong? We figured out a way to stretch our money to get us off of WIC (big deal to me I hate having PA). But I guess my question is which should I do in your eyes? Put my son on my insurance and get foodstamps, housing, WIC again, and even title xx for daycare so I can work a 2nd job? I pay taxes too so the way I see it I am still paying for the PA ds receives. Your thought?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Keep the medicaid for your kids there is NOTHING wrong with that!
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 25, 2010

• No, keep the medicaid until your situation changes. If your son is healthy, I doubt it costs much anyway.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• not to me
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• DH and I are in the same situation. I am a seasonal employee working f/t 10 months and he works 45 hours min a week. However if we take out insurance for our 2 boys then it will eat up my whole check so there would be no point. For right now we do have medical assistance for our boys. I don't think it is wrong.
    Anonymous

• Op here- Bridget yes Ds is very healthy I've taken him to the ER once because he pulled on and ripped skin on his "lil winky" other than that he goes in for his shots and well baby checks. I'm also up for a great job with excellent benefits and more than double what I make now. So our situation will be changing soon.
    Anonymous

• We will be getting medicaid for our boys ASAP! Where hubby works, they do not offer insurance, so that's our only choice. Granted we'll pay for it, it's called TxCHIPS, and you pay a certain amount a month, and have deductibles, etc. So, I am still paying for their insurance, even though it comes through the state. Don't even be worried about it. You have to have insurance for your child, and if medicaid is the way to do it, then do it =)
    Anonymous

• No, healthcare today is ridiculous. Even a lot of us that are doing well otherwise have trouble affording it.
    spamica

Answer by spamica at 3:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Stay on. I might not agree if you chose to have another child right now. Bash and judge? Nah. I have a girlfriend who, when I say anything about the cost of more kids says oh, mine will get medicaid so I don't have to worry about that. That is the attitude I don't like. You're simply trying to get good health care for your child. Rock on.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• i am not sure why it seems that so many anon. posters have huge chips on their shoulders about pa. it has always been my understanding that one should do what they can to help a neighbor, so if that means paying your taxes, then that means paying your taxes. i don't think the strong sentiment that comes across here is representative of americans in general...i have never heard people talk like that before!
    good health wishes to you and your family!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I only have a problem when PA is abused. I don't feel like you are abusing it. Take care of your son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jan. 23, 2010