what would you do??

i left instructions for my inlaws and asked them o so nicely to water and feed my animals while i drove 900 miles in one day to another state to see my very sick grandma. well after a hard week at the hospital i came home and drove another 900 miles back in one day. i go to check on my animals and they have zero food and water. they are little and dont eat very much.
but im upset cus i trusted them to do it now i worry when i go back up this next weekend to see my grandma that they wont feed or water them at all! and i dont like to see my animals DEAD!!! what would you guys feel??

bmdred

Asked by bmdred at 3:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Take them to the vet and board them while you're gone. Then they won't be ignored and you won't have to worry.. That's what we do.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I would get someone else to help you take care of the animals.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• OMG that's awful~!!! See if you can find a pet sitter in your area in your local newspaper...geez you'd think you could trust your in laws..what did they have to say? Did you confront them? I wonder how long they went without food...I have two cats and I use those big containers that hold enough food and water for a week...unless you have fish, or feed them canned food..that could work...sorry about your Grandma, I hope she'll be alright!
    Anonymous

• Some people just can't be trusted to follow instructions, and the best thing you can do is never leave them in charge of anything you care about.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I would ask someone else if they good pet sit while you are away. If that doesn't work out, maybe you could take them to a pet boarding house, where you know they'll be taken care of. Is there anyway that you can take them with you?? Sorry your in-laws did that, and I'm super sorry that your Grandma is sick. I hope that she will make it through this illness OK. ((HUGS))
    Anonymous

• Have a neighbor or younger friend do it. Don't depend on grandma

Answer by admckenzie at 4:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• they are hamsters. but still. i just get annoyed when i aske them to do it and they just shrug it off
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 5:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Automatic feeders and automatic waterers! We use them for vacation with our pets. And all the time for my DH's pack. I would not ask them to do it again! If you have to just put down very large bowls with food and water, at least you'll know they're eating and drinking. Some people just don't care about animals!!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:36 AM on Jan. 23, 2010