Do you think it is safe to ride fourwheelers and go muddin this far along??

I am 29 weeks and 5 days pregnant with my 2nd baby.. Today we are leaving to go to a atv park to ride and go muddin.. i went the whole time i was pregnant with my 1st but Im just wondering do you think it is safe to go muddin while this far along??
And also we will b stayin in a tent, we live in Texas so during the day this wknd it will b 70's but at night the low is around 50.

Tell me what you think..?

bbd75939

Asked by bbd75939 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't see anything wrong with the staying in a tent part, but I really don't think I'd go riding 4-wheelers. There are no seat belts and it's all bumpy and off-road, right? It just sounds like there are too many opportunities to get seriously hurt.

This is from a lady who went water skiing, and rode coasters til I was showing too much, so take my opinion or leave it.
    Anonymous

• Gosh, I would never do that while pregnant. I would be too nervous that something would happen, a freak accident or something. Sleeping in a tent would fine.
    Anonymous

• I feel the same way as anon 2:52
    Anonymous

• i say go. and have a great time. just be careful and maybe not hit every mud hole available. maybe even take an old pillow to hold on your belly for extra support.
    mistyking78

Answer by mistyking78 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• IMO i wouldnt go 4 wheeling, its bumpy and what if it flips or something happen, i just had a friend who died 4 wheeling. I would be to worried for my baby.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 4:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I agree with don't go. When you're a mom or pregnant you have to think differently than before kids. You don't know until all is said and done that nothing will happen until baby is born.

You're about half way through, spring and summer's almost here and so is baby. Go then as a present away from baby for the day or overnight.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• honestly i never ride four wheelers because i am scared of them, but if you are used to it and good at it, then i think it is fine.

in one of my pregnancy books, there is an excerpt about doing sports and activities you are used to featuring a woman who is a skiier. she thought her OB would say no skiing but she told her it was fine, just to do the easy hills.

so that would be my advice, don't do anything crazy, just do the easy stuff. like i said, i don't know much about four wheelers so don't really know the risks. :)

the camping i think would be just fine
    Anonymous

• My doctor told me no. We go to the atv trails in my area. However, my sister in law went with us and she was like 8 months. I wouldn't chance it. Too risky. Not worth it. If something were to happen you can't undo it. Good luck.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• idk lots of people run and bike ride. i would still go hiking and stuff. i guess as long as your not riding over 30 you should be fine
    Anonymous

• I went four-wheeling when I was about 24 weeks with my 1st. I had a blast. I just avoided the rough bumpy and if I couldn't I went really slow. Just don't over do it and stay on it all day. Rest often and drink lots of water if it is hot. Have a good time!
    Anonymous