I need help with my 3yr old.

Well i dont know where to start, but forever now my 3 yr old been acting up, Ive tryed explaining to her why she has to listen, but she seems not to care, i feel like ive given up on her cause she dont listen at all to any one, Me her stepdad, grandma or grandpa. People tell me that i should take her to the dr and see if they could help me. But i dont know im so confuse Help.

Patricia01

Asked by Patricia01 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• what is taking her to the dr going to do? im not trying to be rude, but you need to follow through with discipline. if she isnt listening when you talk, take another action, until something works. for me, its the corner. if she doesnt behave-she sits in the corner for 3 minutes for each year..so 3 minutes. but usually just the threat will make her change her ways. it took a while to actually get her to sit in the corner, but be consistant. hth
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I loved this: 1-2-3 Magic.
    http://www.parentmagic.com/
    _Kitty_kat_

Answer by _Kitty_kat_ at 3:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I don't know that a trip to the doctor is necessarily the solution, but if you think it might be because of a tummy ache or ear ache, you could have her checked out. My 4 yr old has been acting out, throwing lots of tantrums lately - she throws toys, tortures her little sister, spits/kicks/hits. Time outs don't always work either. I think sometimes it's because she is too tired (she's been waking up with nightmares a lot at night), or because she's hungry/thirsty and getting irritable due to low blood sugar. At this age, they are really testing boundaries and learning to assert their independence, so pick your battles wisely, and be creative to avoid having to fight with her. Here are a few books I've read lately that have helped me out a bit and given me new ideas: Kids, Parents and Power Struggles
    Love and Anger
    When Your Child Drives You Crazy
    Anonymous

• Consistency! Make a plan, explain what you are going to do in each situation and do it! Everyone, every time!
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 8:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• i have the same prob and it dint help taking him to the dr. all he told me was hes a boy what do you expect... i watch nanny 911 to get ideas to help me and i been reading a book about raising boys im sure they have one for girls too so check that out!
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 23, 2010