bad mom of the day confession!

this time its not mine lol. i went to visit a friend that has a 10 month old baby....gorgeous baby girl, but she does absolutely nothing with the baby. she literally has the baby trained. the baby hardly cries, or anything because she will put the baby in the playpen in the living room and leave her there for the most part of the day. the baby rarely gets out to be held, played with or anything. it eats sleeps and plays in the playpen! i mean really! who does that?

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes OP i'd consider that a bad mommy moment for sure. Neglectful for the most part.....
    my bad mommy moment of the day: I made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. I dont like giving my son sweets because he's already very active and hyper, but they were sooooo goooood hahaha :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• idk.... my baby girl doesn't need to be held 24/7 like my boys did. some babies are just happy being alone more than others. i didn't really see in your post that the baby was unhappy so i say so what
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• The bio mother of my grandson did that. It causes Executive Function Disorder so she's going to regret doing it when the child gets older. They have no sense of empathy or compassion bc it was never shown to them. They are not nurtured so they don't thrive as well. They have socializing issues and grow up to hate mom. Sad.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• to princessbeth if u think thats its ok to not hold a baby all day long and go unheld, unkissed, and basically unloved for HOURS at a time.....then this post should be about you. yea i do see something wrong when someone is too busy watching tv to hold their own baby sometime!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• now for mine! my DD (5) has basically been watching the tv all day! the baby is sick and will not let me even look at anyone or anything else right now! so Barbie is being her friend today!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• i think that is wrong. my sister use to do that with her baby and now her baby is slow she was 11 months when she first lear how to crawl. i think all babys need to be holded , hugged, kissed thou out the day.
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 4:50 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• maybe she just kept her in the playpin while you were visiting.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• i feel like i've been a good mommy today.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Why do people believe sweets and sugar make kids hyper? That's an old wives tale. If you are concerned about the child call CPS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jan. 23, 2010