Is being a SAHM on PA a Right or a Privilege?

Is being a SAHM a Right or a Privilege?

Is being on PA a Right or a Privilege?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Is being a SAHM a Right or a Privilege? It's a private decision between a couple.

Is being on PA a Right or a Privilege? PA is for people who need it but I would not say it's a right or a privilege.

Is being a SAHM on PA a Right or a Privilege? This is wrong. If you can't afford to stay home and survive on what your husband makes, get a job.

Anonymous

• Being a SAHM on PA is neither a RIGHT nor a PRIVILEGE; it is a WRONG!

Anonymous

• Seriously, STFU about the PA already people!
    Anonymous

• Well, I'm a SAHM, and that is a wonderful privilege. I'm not on PA. but I suppose that would be a privilege as well, for those who need it. However, in this country, as the laws are, if you meet the income guidelines, it's also a right.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I guess people could also get upset at people who "have" to work to support their second Lexus and Bahama vacation. Then complain about child care costs. Seriously, just let it go.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Seriously, STFU about the PA already people! "

I agree!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• SAHM is a privilege.
    PA if you can not work or have a job and still can't make ends meet.

We resently are having money issues because of hubby lossing hours at work. Well before we ever go on PA I put an ad out for taking in a child to make up the difference. I am no the babysitting type at all. But I am doing what I have to to do.
    Anonymous

• However, in this country, as the laws are, if you meet the income guidelines, it's also a right.

Yup. And if you don't like it, complain to someone who can do something. No one on cafemom can.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• It's right, but rights can be revoked, and PA should be revoked if the mother isn't using it to care for her family.
    ddbz

Answer by ddbz at 4:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• i'm a stay at home mom. only PA we have is my son's health insurance. I say if someone really needs some assistance, they are eligible and they dont abuse the system, they should have the right and no shame to use it. I think being a sahm mom is both a priviledge and a right. But I dont judge anyone who works away from home and pays for daycare. As long as the child is loved is to the fullest is all that matters.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2010