My son fell and now his tooth is crooked. is this cause to be concerned?

well he fell yesterday on a toy and cut his gums so he was bleeding now that it isnt bleeding i noticed that one of his bottom teeth has moved a little bit. im wondering if i should call my doctor or is this normal? he is 14 months. thank you.

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 4:12 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes take him to the dentist asap. it could become infected and affect his permanent tooth. This happened to my daughter and she had to have her teeth bonded. They told me to watch for signs of decay which would be if the tooth changes a grey color. Call the dentist just to be sure. Teeth are not something to play around with.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I agree take him to the dentist -even though its a baby tooth it's still very important. You can sit in the chair with him and hold him while dentist looks - bring a cd player along for his ears plus dark sunglasses too, you wear can wear a pair of sun glasses too. Plus lots of dentists have dvd players in their rooms.

lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:30 PM on Jan. 22, 2010