Am I going to have to have my 6 yr. old dd to start Kg. again?

Here I thought she was doing great at school but come to find out she still struggling with her sounds and does not recongnize her numbers I mean she can add and subtract but when it comes to writting in the answer her mind goes blank and does not remember what the number looks like....same thing with her letters :(

It's like she knows them but when it comes now to it she freaks out I guess...I hate hearing that she needs help in this or that...especially something like this...
What else can I do to help her get back on track atleast right in her grade level...I do not want her to repeat first grade...she is a very smart girl in everything else.

Just venting thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i would buy her one of those "what your kindergardener needs to know" work books and let her practice letters and numbers. also u can do flashcards to practice her recognition of them! its not too late just work with her a little each day
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• You need to work with her at home, every day, to get her up to speed. If you need guidance, have a meeting with her teacher.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:27 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• My five year old son was having VERY similiar problems in school. We ended up pulling him and plan on starting again next fall. He was getting so stressed out about the same things- ABC's and numbers and we figured it was best to let him mature a bit before trying again. GL!
    Anonymous