so i didnt try hard enough!!

let see. some biatch here thinks i dont try hard enough to bf.
well here is the story you guys decided.
dd born at 38 wks. she passed meconium had her cord wrap around her. she wasmy first child. i didnt nurse as soon as she was born(didnt think it will matter that much) anyways that afternoon they brought her to me asleep. she was passed out. the nurse wa slike so your gonna bf. well hopefully you can do it cuz your so young(19) i had atken bf classes and read books. i felt so bad waking her up but the nurse was like you have to nurse her or we are going to give her formula. i start waking her up . the nurse decides to get her down to her dipaer. she cries and well that makes trying to nurse alot worse.finally she calm down and i try again. dh was like i dont know why you dont formula feed(he was bf so was i) so he is like ok let me help. he try getting dd to open her mouth. finally another nurse came in. she was holdng a

piwife

Asked by piwife at 4:29 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• cont... bottle i told her no i wnat to keep trying. so then next thingi know she literally shoving my dd into my breast. she is holding my breats so thight when she lets go there is a bruise. dd latches on for 5 mts. and then she was like is not enough it has to be 20 mts in each breast. so i start to cry. i feel like a failure. i begin to think my dd doenst love me(i know she is only few hrs old but am depresses) not i dont have ppd i was begin to hate breatfeeding. i asked them if the have a pump. they said yes. i had a great response manage to pump almost 1 oz of colostrum. then they took dd for all her etst and of course gave her formula. once at home i would try to latch her own. a week later dh buys me apump. is not sooo but is something. i still try to latch but i also begin to pump i pump 4 times a day and also use formula. i finally called for hel. the LC and tries to hel but even she gets frustrated with my dd.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:34 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• It's none of anyone's business why you did or didn't. I personaly don't think you should feel the need to explain yourself to some of these ignorant women on here. What matters is your DD is being fed. Don't feel guilty as there is no reason to.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• cont.. after 3 mts of pumping and using formula i decided to switch to formula. i try and try and try. i had bruises in my breast form the nurse. bleeding nipples. i began to hate my own child cuz she didnt want to nurse. i keot saying to myself i there some thing wrong with me . or is it my baby? i would cry evrynite cuz i felt like a failure. so before you go judging otehrs cuz they dint bf try to learn their strory. breastfeeding isnt natural for everybody and support is key to success!! i know cuz with my second i ahd support a great pump!! and manage to exclusevley pump for ds for 10 mts!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:38 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• hmm, why bother breastfeeding when you so proudly get free wic anyway.
    Anonymous

• As a member of the Breastfeeding Moms group, I KNOW you've seen this before:

The Court of Public Opinion has NO jurisdiction.

The ONLY opinion that matters is that of the woman in YOUR MIRROR. What does SHE have to say? Because you have to live with HER the rest of your life. What ANYONE ELSE thinks is UTTERLY unimportant.

And you should know that I often refer moms over to you regarding exclusive pumping, because I know you'll give them the straight scoop.

Now, FORGET what anyone else has said. OK?

Answer by gdiamante at 4:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• And you should know that I often refer moms over to you regarding exclusive pumping, because I know you'll give them the straight scoop.
    thanks. dd keeps asking me qwhy i stop pumping(she is 3) and i told her cuz my milk is gone and now she says she wants to give boobie milk to her lil brother. is so cute
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:45 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• i been call worse

i dont doubt that for a second.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 4:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• i dont doubt that for a second.

oh trust me i have. by the guy who raped me
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I'm sorry society let you down. All you can do is learn from the past and move forward.
    MalhotraFamily

Answer by MalhotraFamily at 4:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• You are not a failure. The nurse and that hospital failed you and your baby. You did the best you could with the resources you had, and I'm sure your baby is fine. Don't beat yourself up over what other people might think or say. F them. If you spend your whole life trying to please everyone, you will please no one (not even yourself).
    Anonymous