When do you pull back the forskin on a 5yr old?

My 5yr old did not get sercomsized.. His peditriction examines him and does it. but when do i teach him too due it after peeing ect? The dr says its too early. For a few weeks now he puts his hand down there and says his penis is sweaty.. i look at it and its fin and when he goes to pee its looks clean.. i just dont know when the appripraite age its suppose to be pulled back at a given time. i have 2 older daughters..thanks for your help...look forward on some answers....

sheilla7670

Asked by sheilla7670 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my son is 5 also..he is circ...i am just now letting him take showers on his own...i've taught him how to wash and were..and i still moniter him..just as long as you can teach him how and he understands i think now is a good time and just check on him when he does it and make sure he is doing a good job. Also even though my son seems to be doing a good job i still like to give him a bath myself ever few days just to make sure he is good and clean.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I was told the foreskin should not be pulled back till puberty.
    marykay22

Answer by marykay22 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Wow, I guess I am even more happy that my son was circumcised when he was a newborn. That foreskin issue sounds too complicated. He was happy he was circumcised...in college there was one guy who wasn't and he had some serious problems.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• i have read you are not supposed to pull it back, and neither is your dr. your child will be able to pull it back himself when it is ready. he won't need any guidance from his mother for this, it should come naturally. there was a poster not too long ago, absolutely furious that her dr. pulled her son's back.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2010