my one year old girl bites me when she gets excited,strange huh? how can i stop this?

cuddlymom303

Asked by cuddlymom303 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My first did that - only to me, no one else though. It's pretty normal for a little one who isn't super verbal yet to try biting because that's a way for them to express excitement or frustration. A firm "No Biting! Biting Hurts!" and setting her down should let her know it isn't ok. It took a lot of repetition but my dd stopped soon enough. There's a book we have called Teeth Are Not For Biting, and we read it a lot when we were in that stage.
    Anonymous

• My son did this when he was young too I just bit him back (just enough for him to feel somewhat of the discomfort) he just looked at me and that is when I told him no no you don't bite mommy or you will get bitten too. He stopped believe it or not just talk to your child I guess.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2010