Do you finally spank your kid after so many times talking to them? (words do not seem to work)

I just had to spank my dd who is 6 yrs. bc first she was playing with the kids younger than her and just bc one of the kids did not want to do what she said she kicked the child out of the group and decided to also play by herself but as soon as I moved the kids to do something else among themselves she notices this and put down what ever she was doing and goes over there towards the kids to blend in right back in I said OOhh Nooo Maam you did not want to play with them awhile ago so now you CANNOT play with them she thrreewww a fit I said that's it and had to give her a good one...I felt bad but this was an on going thing since she got home from school....Venting....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i don't have to "spank" my son anymore...he learned when he was younger and he is a very well behaved 5 yr. old. I did pop his hands and tell him no when he was age 8mos-1 1/2 and thats about all it took...he really never even hit a terrible 2 stage.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• yea i spank my kids after i have told them to do something , or stop being bad. i fell bad but they need to understand i aint playing games
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 4:42 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• You can only give so many warnings and time outs and then, yes, I spank eventually.
    Anonymous

• I have never spanked my daughter; I don't find the message that hitting solves problems to be of any value.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:03 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I don't spank "eventually" I spanked my kids like twice when they were little, and they learned that I mean what I say. Because I WILL spank, I don't have to.

Answer by missanc at 6:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• First off you just lost an opportunity to allow her to work out the situation. Stay out of it. Let the kids deal with her. She was wrong in kicking but if you hit her then you just told her that hitting/kicking is appropriate behavior so you confused her. She can't understand why kicking is wrong but you hitting her is ok. Children learn what they live. If you hit then she's going to use that type of behavior on others as well. Stop spanking/hitting.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Uh! admckenzie...obviously you did not read all the way through she did not say anything about kicking she said her dd kicked the child out of the group.

Anonymous

• i have a 6 yo girl 10 yo boy and twin 4 yo girls (ya i no its crazy) and anytime they dont listen i give them 2 warnings but if that doesnt work i have no choice but to spank
    Anonymous