Substitutions for onions, peppers, etc?

I am going through some old dinner recipes given to me by friends and realizing that almost all of them call for peppers or onions.

My husband HATES peppers and onions. (I know, it drives me crazy.) It's not necessarily the taste, he just can't stand the texture and if they are in a dish, he will find them and immiedately stop eating.

Nixing the onions/peppers from these recipes for casseroles, skillet dishes, lasagna, etc seems like it would cut out all the flavor! Anyone have suggestions for seasonings or other items I can add to make up for that loss of flavor??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You could use onion powder or onion salt. Or mince them up really, really small, even use a food processor to basically puree them, then he'd never know they were in there.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• You can try adding in onion powder, but really that's not a great substitution. Try as I have, I can not find anything that makes up for those flavors. My kids are the same, they are just now learning to like onions and peppers though thankfully.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• How about using mrs dash vegitable supreme or using garlc salt?
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2010