Is it normal to be having Braxton Hicks?

I'm 27 weeks and 4 days pregnant,(girl) is it normal to be having braxton hicks contractions this soon in my pregnancy?

TamlynM2B

Asked by TamlynM2B at 5:16 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not sure, but I think I was having them yesterday after carrying a crock pot full of chili (it was pretty heavy)....lasted for several hours and finally went away.... I am 26 weeks along.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• yes it is normal, i had them that early, be prepared to get them a lot more often as time goes by
    Anonymous

• yes. very normal.

they will become more frequent as you get further along. if they get painful though, that's not normal. mine were never painful. my tummy just got really tight all throughout, like he was "pushing" really hard against me, or trying to "stand up" inside my bellie, lol.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• as long as you are not having more than 6 in and hour. cuz if oyu arethen you shopuld let your doctor know. i started getting braxton hicks with both by 20 wks
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:07 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• i started getting then early with this preg i was 13 weeks and i felt my tummy get really tight and then it got lose and i did have it at after that till today im almost 15 weeks so it every blue moon so to me its normal but everyone is differnet
    Anonymous

• Yes, alot of times they start earlier! Mine started at the end of my 4th month!!!! With my last two they started in my 5th month.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2010