CAN BEING home for 9 years and no me time

Drive you to be lazy, miserable, depreessed, and now im becoming or have become a hoarder. My husband says he would trade with me any day, that how many moms would love to be home, my kids are all off to school now, and the deal is ive let the house go, for 1 year now, a total clutter, dont care mess. my hubby said, that once i clean the house up, i can go to gym, or school but he like for it tolook like i was a stay at home mom, at one time. if i want, but. i have no motivation to clean anymore, not even laundry HELP what to do. i never have alone time, or me time, its all boy time i have 3 boys, and a hubby, all about them.. im so lazy now, i spend all day on the computer reading, and then i only want to clean when the boys are home, as long as they help, and thats not fair to them, help, advice..................you moms rock u are the best.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Didn't I read this before?

But YES. It most certainly CAN. And you should go ahead to the gyjm or school NOW. House schmouse. Nobody ever had "World's Best Housekeeper" in her eulogy.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:19 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• SORRY i DOUBLE CLICKED/POSTED ooop's ooops SO SORRY
    proudmomof4boys

Answer by proudmomof4boys at 5:22 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I think you need the me time or gym time now. Until you feel good about yourself, screw the house. Lots of people feel the same way you do, and it's hard to stay motivated to do a thankless job day after day. You need a little time to recharge an treat yourself right. If you really think you can't get out of the funk you're in, find someone to talk to about it. Depression can be very serious, and some of the signs are just not caring and not being able to take care of yourself. You are wonderful, you are beautiful and you deserve to feel loved and appreciated. I hope your dh and kids realize how important you are and all you do for them. Big Hugs!
    Anonymous

• I too am confused how you aren't getting any "me time" if your kids are in school all day.
    Anonymous

• You do sound depressed. When was the last time you had a full physical? You don't need to go to the gym to exercise; you can walk around the neighborhood, esp. if you have a dog.

For help getting your house decluttered and back in order, I strongly suggest FlyLady ( www.flylady.net ). She offers fabulous instruction, advice, and general support for those of us in your situation. And she's completely free. Since you're on the computer anyway, look her up.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:28 AM on Jan. 23, 2010

• I have been home for about eight years only working here and there. I ave had months w/some "me" time. I got down and depressed,I started see a thearpist. She was great and I then gained the courage to get out and get that REAL "me" time. I have had to quit but thats because I found out that no just one of my kids has a special need but both of them SO,that has me pretty wrapped up right now. Just remember that once you start doing something you really enjoy,it's not going be something that you will want to stop and if you do,as I did, it can cause lots of resentment! My thearpist had prewarned me and boy she was right! Get out and treat yourself!
    As far as hoarding,I don't really know. You might have to force yourself to get rid of somethings maybe inthe name of a fresh start? I always give to the goodwill store. GL;)
    Anonymous

• Ok ..first take a deep breath....if your children are all in school, than that means me time..you have to start by cleaning the house. Throw out anything you do not need. The other day I went in my closets. I took big garbage bags and threw everything I did not need and gave it to my neighbor since she has relatives in Haiti...children's toys, soes, clothes ect. It felt so good to know I can do something instead of feeling sorry for my self. Look over your shoulder, you will always find someone out there worst of than you. If you organize your home, you are ging to feel so much better mentaly. So will your husband and the children. If you feel you need to seek a Dr. for help, than do so. There is nothing wrong with that!! Son't let anything stand in your way!! Value yourself..find somehting you and only you enjoy. It does not matter if it means to go in your car and drive, going no where. It means you got out of the house..
    BiBi2010

Answer by BiBi2010 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2010