SAHM's - How do you destress?

New SAHM here with a 3 month old. By Friday I'm wiped from watching baby all day, sometimes from 7 am - 10:30 pm by myself. How do you all handle the stress of being a SAHM and how do you find time for yourself?

preggoandfat

Asked by preggoandfat at 5:35 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i dont . i been sahm for 3 yrs and i have decied i have no,life. cafemom and wii resort keep me sane!! i dont go out(have no friends) i have no time dh tries to help but he kinda sucks at ehlping. plus when he starts toplay video games i preatty much ahve to do everything myself. unless i tell him.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• When baby takes a nap in the afternoon, I usually do too. And when she goes to sleep for the night, I usually play Halo.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 5:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Lol, I have no life. I have two friends that I actually see. All of my friends quit hanging with me because I have a kid. I usually come on here to de-stress. I also watch my tv shows, paint my nails, read gossip websites like perezhilton, etc.

I know, sad right? Lol.
    going grocery shopping and stuff too; helps just to be out of the house.
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 6:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• When my kids go to bed and I know they are asleep, I'll go take a bubble bath and read a book.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 6:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I play farmville lol I know dorky but hey it helps.. I've been in the same boat for going on 2 years it does kinda get better but I play farmville and read when my son is sleeping I have one friend but she also has a little girl who's 10 months older then my son so we got to the mall (with babies of course lol) and just look and we try to make an Ihop run at least once a month lol they help a lot we always go to the park after the kids eat so we get to gossip and the babies end up taking a LONG nap :)
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I don't either. I have been a SAHM for 4 years, the first one has a lot of medical problems so I was always in the hospital for the first 2 years of her life.. Now we have a 4 month old dd also. I stay very busy, I have NO life other than my kids, immediate family, and my hubby! I stay at home in my jammies all the time! I come online when the kids are asleep, and I take nice LONG hot baths after everyone is asleep.. I get my "me" time when the kids are sleeping!! Then it's off to sleep and doing it all over again the next day!! I never get breaks either.. But I LOVE love love being a SAHM and wouldn't trade it for the world!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• while i was pregnant, my SO & i promised each other a few hours of baby-free time a week. i pump a bottle & leave it home with baby & daddy - thursday night i went shopping with friends. last night daddy went to the pub with his co-workers after they left the warehouse. also, when he is home on the weekends, i take that opportunity to take a very long shower - that helps tremendously.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:31 AM on Jan. 23, 2010