Would you be mad if your fiance did this?

So I've been dating my fiance for a year in a half. We got in a huge argument and decided it would be best for him to move out for a while. We were both hurt and sad. The first person he tells is his x-wife, they have a young son together. I overheard the conversation he was having with her, and when he heard me coming down the hallway of our house, he quickly whispered to her, "I'll tell you all about it later", and then hung up. I was deeply hurt and since our argument we have made up and gotten back together, but I can't help wondering why he would get his x-wife involved. Do you think it was ok for him to tell her so soon, or do you think I may have overreacted?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Since they have a child together he may have been explaining to her why he was at a different location for awhile.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 5:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• not ok imo
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Perhaps someone else mentioned to her that you two were not together and it was an innocent observation on her part. Maybe he didn't want to bring it up in your presence since it was settled? Just a guess...
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 5:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• or maybe they have a good friendly relationship. there are exes that care about eachother just dont love eachother in that way
    Anonymous

• i have a friendship with one of my ex's and when my and my husband fight i talk to him about it. it doesnt mean he likes her or anything. he may just feel more comfortable talking to her about it than his man friends, cus we all know what the man friend would say. leave that hoe or whatever...
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:13 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I don't think he should have done that as it then involves her in your relationship in some way, other than her just being his ex. You don't know if she may try to sway his decisions.
    Anonymous

• He turned to the first person on his mind. I wouldn't be happy that it was her, even worse if he was asking if she would let him move in!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Are you kidding me? He needs to tell her because it involves her son. It's yet another person being removed from the child's life, and he needs to explain how to best deal with that with his son's mother. Grow up, honey. It's not just about you and your fiancee' anymore, it's about you guys as a family, and he made the first phone call that concerned his family issues. You're obviously not ready to get married if you can't understand that.
    Anonymous