Your fiance is the father of my son

This is what I found in my inbox today on Myspace, this girl tells me that her son age 3 is my fiances son. My fiance and I have been together for 34 months so it will be 3 years in two months, anyway I dont know what to do, I havent told him yet, what would you do? I asked her would she be willing to do a paternity test but she refuses, she says he knows that he is

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope, it's his right to take a paternity test. She cannot 'refuse to let him.' Get a lawyer and take the paternity test, asap.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:40 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Ask your fiance. Don't sit there and try to figure it out yourself or start to make assumptions. You need to talk to your fiance about it. If the child is 3 and you guys have been together for almost three years, that means the child was conceived BEFORE you got together with your fiance. So just be honest with him and tell him you received this email and what is his take on it. Don't be confrontational, be supportive at least until you find out what is going on.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Well I would do the paternity test if you fiance wants too. But she may be trying to be vindictive, and it might not be her child.. Kind of weird if she "just knows" he is the father.. .but refuses paternity? That makes NO sense in my opinion! I would do a paternity!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Oh, and yes, he has the LEGAL RIGHT to a paternity test and I highly suggest he get one. My son just went through something similar and he insisted upon the paternity test. The child is his and he is taking full responsibllity, but the point is that your fiance has the right to know for sure.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• If she wants anything, she has to be willing to submit to a paternity test. Do you know her or if your fiance ever knew her at all? If not it could be someone just messing with you or some ex of his just looking for a baby daddy and some quick $$. Either way, why msg you? Why not contact him? Seems kinda odd. Anyway, tell him immediately and do like the PP said, lawyer and demand a test if she continues to claim this is his child.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 5:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• PATERNITY TEST!! If she won't submit, she's either lying or knows there is room for doubt.....

Ya gotta tell him....NOW!!!
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. If she has no contact with him, how would she know that YOU'RE his fiance and also why wouldn't she contact him? Furthurmore, why wait 3 years to attempt to notify him at all? Sounds like she's trying to stir up some bees. The sooner you tell your fiance about it, the sooner you will both have peace of mind. That's a big ball to be dropped in your lap. Good luck.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:52 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• No advice here. I found out my daughter father had a son that was 2 months older than my daughter. Best of luck honey!
    Anonymous

• when she said her name I knew he know her because he has told me about a few of his ex's, so know he knows who she is. They had sex once which is enough. I dont know why she messaged me, maybe because she couldnt find him, how she knew t was me idk the myspace world is small
    Anonymous

• She wouldn't be able to find you without finding something on him first though. If she found him first, she could have contacted him. If I was a gambler, I'd bet she's grabbing at straws and trying to start some trouble.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:58 PM on Jan. 22, 2010