does anyone no if its normal?

I had my baby via c-section 5 months ago( 3rd section all together plus tubal

ligation with this last pregnancy) I breastfeed most of the time, I got my period in

November for 7 days(my normal cycle is 7days) it stop but then bled One week

and a half later for a few days and haven't had my period ever since even though I

get cramps and discomfort here and there monthly but no period. is this normal it

hasn't happened to me before but then again I've never breastfeed my babies as

long as this one. I dont want to stop nursing her is all this normal?

cditren

Asked by cditren at 5:48 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes, breastfeeding can delay a period from happening.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• this happened to me after my c section. i didnt have a period for 3 months then all of a sudden it came one month for like 2 weeks then went back to normal after that. i didnt breast feed my son so i think its just something that happens after c section to some moms.
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 8:33 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I would say it's completely normal. Your body is slower to do the whole period thing when your breastfeeding... and also, your body may be adjusting to your tubal ligation. They usually say to wait AT LEAST 6 months after any kind of prcedure (that includes having a baby) for your body to be kicked back into normal. SO, IMO, you should be just fine.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 10:49 PM on Jan. 22, 2010