We all are so many things for so many people BUT what about you? What do you have this is for you?

I have spent a long time forgetting that I need to take care of me too. I have tried here and there to have me time but it gets interrupted by kids and my husband. He says he cares about me having that but he interrupts me more than the kids do. I have finally found something though that he won't interupt. Fitness. I really like working out. My husband would not get off his but for that and the few times he does don't last too long. I love to go walking and running. What do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I escape into a little world I know as Cafemom! Haha :-) I also get my hair done and go shopping every once in a while.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:53 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• yah :-(( my friends are over seas,i have no parents around me,,i have home ,husband ,kids,,all i do is my homework( english is my second language) kids homework ,food shopping,cooking.cleaning....no fun at all,i missed my teenager days where fun were with my friends and familyyyyyy,,,yap i have no where to escape,,,thx god for every thing
    Anonymous

• I have just recently rediscovered that walking is a great high, gets me motivated and I feel great about myself afterward. That is my me time. My friend and I go walking when she gets off work b/c I watch her DD. Once a week we leave our girls behind and do a 30 min power walk. Otherwise we have the kids, but even so we feel like we are getting our ME time while doing something for us.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:00 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I do home improvements, refurnish furniture, or draw, paint. Lots of art. I just started a part time job too.....busy busy.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:01 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• exercise, i leave my phone in the car and go.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:10 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• I converted a small room in my house into my "cave". I painted it girly colors that are uplifting, put a twin bed in there, and a few personal items. It is MINE. I told everyone it is OFF LIMITS. Nobody is to go in there under any circumstances. When I go in there and shut the door, it is my time and it is sacred. Do not come get me unless it is a medical emergency and you KNOW the definition of that. I also do not answer if that rule is violated. I pretend I don't hear. The first 2 times I went in there, even my husband violated my rules, and I just ignored them. It wasn't peaceful or fun, but I did it at a time I didn't NEED the time, so I would not become discouraged. After that, they all understood I meant it, and it is respected. As for me, I try not to use it too often. Or for too long. I have a friend who has a chair in her living room that is used for the same purpose. She meditates.
    Anonymous