Do you feel as if you are better prepared for the 2nd baby than you were the first?

Just a fun question to chat about. I am 28 weeks preg and have almost everything done. Bottles are washed, clothes are washed and put up, the nursery is ready, bassinet is out and ready. With my first it took us forever, perhaps b/c we didn't have much until after the baby shower, but thought this would be a fun discussion point!

Anubis8733

Asked by Anubis8733 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't feel as scared as I did with my first baby... but we had a boy first, and now we're having a girl. My son was SO easy, very mild-mannered & very happy. I'm a little nervous that our baby girl is going to be colicky, clingy, angry, and evil. So yeah, I'm more ready for #2 as far as being organized and having supplies... but I'm more nervous that she's going to be my son's polar opposite. Good luck to you!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• If I would have know the 2nd one was soo easy I would have had him first! LOL Yes it's easier the 2nd and 3rd and 4th time around because you know what to expect!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Thats funny, since my second child is a boy as well I just assumed that he would be like my first, not until just now did I think it was even possibly for him to be totally opposite...lol. A bit naive I guess!! oh well
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I knew what I would really use and what I wouldn't...And i kept most of the baby gear.. So Yea, I was more prepared for my 2nd daughter, Although the two of them couldn't be more different..It is strange how that works came from the exact same place but completely dif..LOL Congratulations and good luck.. Hope you a happy HEALTHY baby
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• With my first...It took DH and I 20 minutes together to change a diaper and dress a baby. We can do it in under 3 minutes now, While standing up with the child in a shopping cart in the middle of a parking lot!!! Experience is everything. LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2008