Craving Chemicals like Nail Polish Remover

Is craving chemicals like nail polish remover normal?

It is taking everything for me not to run over and chug the entire bottle. haha
My husband even took the extra step and hide the bottles from me. Like I would ever do anything to hurt my unborn child, sheesh. lol

Ossom

Asked by Ossom at 5:54 PM on Jan. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I heard of stuff like this, i think its "normal" but not good and should talk to your doctor.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 5:57 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• means you have a deficiency. like some women like chalk and dirt. maybe you need something. and ew i hate the nail polish smell not preggo.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 6:02 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• its called pica and it can be normal. make sure you mention it to your md. AND RESIST THE URGE ---lol!
    Anonymous

• When I as pregnat with my second child I craved Kitty litter! Yeah kitty litter! I told my doctor and I was anemic she put me on iron pills. I don't crave it anymore but it was super weird! Just let your doctor know next time you see her/him!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2010